Serving - Giving - Learning
We receive many more applications for funding that we are able to support and the process is competitive. Beyond alignment with our focus and priorities, we use several additional criteria to inform grant decisions.
Successful grant applicants share these characteristics:
- Strong staff and board leadership
- Track record of sustainable operations and funding
- A commitment to working in partnership with other nonprofits and government agencies
- Broad base of financial support
- Proven program effectiveness
Types of Support
In some cases, we will consider general operating support grants for programs that match the foundation’s priority focus areas. We also make a limited number of multi-year and capital grants to organizations that can demonstrate broad community impact in one of our focus areas.
If you are considering applying for a multi-year or capital grant, we strongly encourage you to have a conversation with the Executive Director before submitting your application.
We Do Not Fund
- Organizations outside the Greater Birmingham area
- Sponsorships, fundraising events or conferences
- Endowments or Scholarships
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political organizations or candidates